Large Percussion Cap Tin - Marked: ''HICKS ANTI CORROSIVE PERCUSSION CAPS. " The center of the label features the likeness of a cap beneath 250 count. The solder joints are tight and the tin is half full of dirt. Label is very legible. Measures approximately 2 1/8" x 1 3/4".
"Walter Hicks established a cap manufactory at 55 Cliff St., New York City in 1854 until 1856. He moved to 52 Beekman St. Haverstraw, N.Y in 1857.In 1857, Walter Hicks and Frank Frary jointly formed the American Flask and Cap Company in Waterbury, Ct. In the late 1860's, The Waterbury Brass Co. became the owners. They kept the Am F&C Co name until 1869-70. American Brass Company eventually took over the company, which was then overtaken by Anaconda. The cap manufacturing portion of the business was sold off to Remington/Winchester circa 1898. They kept using the Hicks name for another decade or two.
Inventory Number: BUL 153