Specializing in Authentic Civil War Artifacts
  • Colonel Nathan Lord, Jr. 5th and 6th Vermont Infantry by Brady / Sold

    This item is out of stock

    Colonel Nathan Lord, Jr. 5th and 6th Vermont Infantry by Brady - Inventory Number: CDV 358 / Sold

    Standing view of Nathan Lord, by Brandy Washington.  

    Nathan Lord, Jr:

    Enlisted on 9/16/1861 as a Captain.

    On 4/25/1861 he was commissioned into "G" Co. IN 7th Infantry

    He was Mustered Out on 7/15/1861 at Indianapolis, IN

    On 9/16/1861 he was commissioned into Field & Staff VT 5th Infantry

    He was discharged for promotion on 10/17/1861

    On 10/17/1861 he was commissioned into Field & Staff VT 6th Infantry

    He Resigned on 12/18/1862


    * Lt Col 9/16/1861 (As of 5th VT Infantry)

    * Colonel 10/17/1861 (As of 6th VT Infantry)


    Seventh Infantry INDIANA (3 months and 3 years)

    Seventh Infantry  Cols., Ebenezer Dumont, Tames Gavin, Ira G. Grover; Lieut.-Cols., Benjamin J. Spooner, James Gavin, John F. Cheek, Ira G. Grover, William C. Banta; Majs., Samuel P. Oyler, John F. Cheek Benjamin C. Shaw, Ira G. Grover, William C. Banta, Merit C. Welch.

    This regiment was organized at Indianapolis in April, 1861, as a three months regiment and was mustered in April 28.  It left the state May 29, being ordered to West Virginia where it joined other forces at Webster.

    The 7th took the advance upon Philippi, Co. B driving the enemy's pickets back and the regiment entered the town on the double quick followed by the column, the enemy being driven from the town.  It remained in camp here for six weeks, engaged in scouting, and marched to Belington, where it engaged for three days in heavy skirmishes.  It joined in the pursuit of the enemy, and overtaking him at Carrick's ford, the 7th charged and captured his baggage.  Overtaking the fleeing forces again at the next ford, the 7th again defeated him, Gen. Garnett, commanding the enemy, being killed.  The regiment was mustered out at Indianapolis Aug. 2, 1861.

    It was immediately reorganized for three years, and was mustered in Sept. 13, leaving the state at once for Western Virginia, and joining Gen. Reynolds' command at Cheat Mountain.  It was engaged in the battle of Green Brier, and then moved to camp near Green Spring run.

    It was in the battle of Winchester Heights, at Port Republic and Front Royal, then moved to Fredericksburg and back, and was assigned to Gen. McDowell's command.  With Pope's forces it was in the campaign of the Army of Virginia, participating at Cedar Mountain, and the second battle of Bull Run.

    It joined the pursuit of Lee through Maryland and was in the battle of Antietam.  It next fought at Ashby's gap, and participated in the battle of Fredericksburg.  During 1863, it was engaged at Chancellorsville and Gettysburg, losing heavily in both battles.  It was also in the battle of Mine Run in November and went into camp at Culpeper.

    It moved with the Army of the Potomac in the spring of 1864 being engaged at the battles of the Wilderness, Laurel Hill, Spottsylvania, Po River, North Anna River, Bethesda Church and Cold Harbor, being under fire for eighteen days during these engagements and losing heavily.  On June 16, it moved to the front of Petersburg, and participated in the assault of the 17th.  It remained on duty in the siege of Petersburg until Aug. 18 and was then engaged at the Weldon railroad.

    It was consolidated with the 19th Ind. on Sept. 23, and this organization in turn was consolidated with the 20th Ind. on Oct. 18, the 7th being mustered out as a regiment Sept. 20, Its original strength was 1,046; gain by recruits, 190; reenlistments, 46; unassigned recruits, 17; total, 1,299.  Loss by death, 212; desertion, 26; unaccounted for, 27.




         THE Fifth Regiment Vermont Volunteer Infantry, was composed of companies organized at the following towns, the men composing them being enlisted from these and adjoining towns: company A, St. Albans; B, Middlebury; C, Swanton; D, Hyde Park; E, Manchester; F, Cornwall; G, Rutland; H, Brandon; I, detachments from Burlington, Poultney and Tinmouth; K, Richmond.

         The regiment was mustered into the United States service for three years at St. Albans, Vt., Sept. 16, 1861, and in a few days went to Washington and camped on Meridian Hill, then crossed Chain Bridge into Virginia and joined other Vermont regiments at Camp Advance, when the Old Vermont Brigade was organized.

         The regiment spent most of the fall and winter of 1861-62 at Camp Griffin, near Langley, Va., going to Fortress Monroe in the spring of 1862 and taking part in the Peninsula Campaign.  At Savage's Station, June 29, 1862, it suffered the greatest loss, in killed and wounded, of any Vermont regiment in any one engagement.  In this battle, with not over four hundred muskets, it lost 188 officers and men in half an hour-company E losing 44 men killed and wounded out of fifty-nine, 25 of whom were killed or mortally wounded.  It was here that five Cummings brothers, and one cousin, of company E, were all killed or wounded, only one of the six recovering from his wounds.  Returning in August, the regiment marched out across Cub Run, near the second Bull Run battle field.  It then joined in the Maryland Campaign.  Returning to Virginia, it encamped during the winter of 1862-63 near Fredericksburg, taking part  in the campaign near that place in 1863, and in the Gettysburg campaign.  From Gettysburg it went into Virginia, and thence to New York at the time of the draft riot.  Returning to the Army of the Potomac it took part in the fall campaign in Virginia.  It encamped during the winter of 1863-64 near Brandy Station, where it re-enlisted, Dec. 15, 1863, being the first regiment to re-enlist and go home on a veteran furlough.  In 1864 it took an active part in the terrible campaign from the Rapidan to Petersburg, and reached the line in front of Petersburg June 17.  It went into this campaign with about five hundred muskets, and in one month lost 349 men in killed, wounded and missing, including two field officers, six captains and five lieutenants.

         In July the regiment returned and assisted in driving Early from Washington, following him into the valley and becoming a part of the Army of the Shenandoah.

         Sept. 15, 1864, the term of the original members of the regiment who had not re-enlisted expired, and they were mustered out at Clifton, Va., leaving present for duty with the regiment one assistant surgeon, a quartermaster, three first lieutenants and about three hundred men.  This fragment of a regiment participated in Sheridan's campaign in the Shenandoah Valley, from Winchester to Mount Crawford and return.  Dec. 9 the regiment left the valley and returned to Petersburg, going into winter quarters, Dec. 13, near the Squirrel Level Road, in the line south of Petersburg.  It led the Sixth Corps in its assault upon the enemy's works at Petersburg, April 2, 1865, and was the first regiment in the corps to plant its flag upon the enemy's works.  It took part in the pursuit and capture of Lee's army, and after his surrender it marched to Danville, Va., to aid in preventing the escape of Johnston's army. 

    It then went to Munson's Hill, near Washington, where it was mustered out of the service of the United States, June 29, 1865, and returned to Vermont to be finally discharged.  At its muster-out but 24 officers and 288 men were borne upon its rolls--an aggregate of 312 out of a total enrollment of 1,618 during its entire term of service.

         For ten months of its last year of service the highest rank of any of its officer’s present for duty was that of captain; for more than three months of this period none of the officers of the regiment present with it were above the rank of first lieutenant, and every officer that returned with the regiment went out as a private in the ranks.

         During its four years of service the regiment sustained the following losses: killed and died of wounds received in action, 11 officers, 202 men, a total of 213, or 13.8 per cent of its total enrollment.  Its total of killed and wounded in battle during the war was 685.  The deaths from disease and accident, in rebel prisons and from other causes, were 1 officer, 124 men.  The total number of known deaths from all causes was 338.  The Fifth was one of the forty-five infantry regiments, out of all the regiments of the Union armies, that lost over 200 men, killed or mortally wounded in battle during the War of the Rebellion.  It bore an honorable and active part in the battles of Lee's Mills, Williamsburg, Golding's Farm, Savage's Station, White Oak Swamp, South Mountain, Antietam, Fredericksburg, Dec., '62; Fredericksburg, May, '63; Fredericksburg, June, '63; Salem Heights, Gettysburg, Funkstown, Rappahannock Station, The Wilderness, Spottsylvania, Bloody Angle, Anderson's Farm, Jericho Ford, Cold Harbor, Petersburg, June, '64; Fort Stevens, Charlestown, Winchester, Fisher's Hill, Cedar Creek, Petersburg, March 25, 1865; Petersburg, April 2, 1865; Sailor's Creek, and other skirmishes and  reconnaissance’s.



        Lee's Mills, Va., April 16, 1862.

        Williamsburg, Va., May 5, 1862.

        Golding's Farm, Va., June 26, 1862.

        Savage's Station, Va., June 29, 1862.

        White Oak Swamp, Va., June 30, 1862.

        Crampton's Gap, Md., Sept. 14, 1862.

        Antietam, Md., Sept. 17, 1862.

        Fredericksburg, Va., Dec. 13, 1862.

        Marye's Heights, Va., May 3, 1863.

        Salem Heights, Va., May 4, 1863.

        Fredericksburg, Va., June 5, 1863.

        Gettysburg, Pa., July 3, 1863.

        Funkstown, Md., July 10, 1863.

        Rappahannock Station, Va., Nov. 7, 1863.

        Wilderness, Va., May 5 to 10, 1864.

        Spottsylvania, Va., May 10 to 18, 1864.

        Cold Harbor, Va., June 1 to 12, 1864.

         Petersburg, Va., June 18, 1864.

        Charlestown, W. Va., August 21, 1864.

        Opequan, Va., Sept. 13, 1864.

        Winchester, Va., Sept. 19, 1864.

        Fisher's Hill, Va., Sept. 21 and 22, 1864.

        Cedar Creek, Va., Oct. 19, 1864.

        Petersburg, Va., March 25 and 27, 1865.

        Petersburg, Va., April 2, 1865.



    BY HON. FRANK G. BUTTERFIELD, (Chief of the Special Examination Division, Bureau of Pensions, Washington, D. C.), LIEUTENANT-COLONEL SIXTH REGIMENT.

         SEPTEMBER 16, 1861, in response to an urgent request from the Secretary of War, Gov. Erastus Fairbanks issued orders for raising and organizing the Sixth Vermont Regiment.  In less than two weeks the regiment was raised and ordered to rendezvous at Montpelier.  The several companies were recruited and commanded as follows: A, Addison county, Capt. George Parker, Jr.; B, Caledonia, Windsor and Orange counties, Capt. A. B. Hutchinson; C, Windsor county, Capt. J. C. Spaulding; D, Orleans county, Capt. Oscar A. Hale; E, Caledonia and Windsor counties, Capt. Edwin W. Barker; F, Rutland, Washington and Chittenden counties, Capt. E. F. Reynolds; G, Washington county, Capt.Wm. H. H. Hall; H, Washington county, Capt. D. B. Davenport; I, Chittenden county, Capt. Wesley Hazelton; K, Franklin county, Capt. Elisha L. Barney.

         October 15 the regiment was mustered into the United States service for three years with the following field and staff: Colonel, Nathan Lord, Jr.; Lieutenant-Colonel, Asa P. Blunt; Major, Oscar S. Tuttle; Adjutant, Richard B. Crandall; Quartermaster, John W. Clark; Surgeon, R.C. M. Woodward; Assistant Surgeon, Charles M. Chandler;Chaplain, Edward P. Stone.

         On Saturday, October 19, only thirty-three days after the Governor's call for volunteers, the regiment was en route to the front.  Reaching Washington on the 22d, the regiment two days later marched to Camp Griffin near Lewinsville, Va., where it joined the Second, Third, Fourth and Fifth Vermont regiments, thus completing the Vermont Brigade.  Henceforth its history was merged in and became identical with that of the old Vermont Brigade.  During the winter the regiment suffered remarkably from sickness.  There were 278 cases of typhoid fever, 330 of measles, 90 of diphtheria and 180 of mumps.  The mortality was great, amounting to more than 50 deaths.

         In the original organization of the Army of the Potomac, the Vermont Brigade, of which the Sixth formed a part, was assigned to Gen. William F. Smith's division of the Fourth Army Corps, under the command of General Keyes.

         March 10, 1862, the regiment broke camp and entered upon its first field work, the Peninsula campaign.  Embarking at Alexandria on the 23d, it landed at Fortress Monroe on the 24th, and on the 4th of April commenced its march up the Peninsula, arriving in front of the enemy on Warwick Creek on the next day.  On the 6th the regiment was for the first time under fire in support of a battery, during a demonstration made by the division upon the Confederate works.  It was, however, subjected to no loss, and it was not until the 16th of April, at Lee's Mills, that it received its "baptism of fire."  

    On that day the right wing crossed Warwick Creek, through water up to the waist, under a severe and galling fire, and attacked the enemy's works.  At the moment of success it was decided to abandon the attack and they were ordered to retire.  The loss of the regiment in this battle was 23 killed and mortally wounded, and 57 wounded, the bulk of the loss being from the right wing.  Thereafter the regiment remained in sight of the enemy, doing picket duty, during the remainder of the month of April, with no incident worthy of note, except that on the 29th it made a reconnaissance resulting in a slight skirmish. Lieut. A. M. Nevins of company G was mortally wounded, and a man in company K wounded.

         On the night of the 3d of May the enemy abandoned their line across the Peninsula, and on the morning of the 4th the regiment crossed Warwick Creek and occupied the entrenchments which they had assaulted so gallantly on the 16th of April. When the enemy moved out of these works they left behind them evidence of an utter disregard of the rules of civilized warfare.  There were found scores of loaded shells buried in the ground near the surface, to each of which was attached a fuse surmounted by a percussion cap just at the surface.  These were thus planted for the purpose of killing our men when they stepped upon the percussion cap and exploded the shell.

    Several explosions took place, killing a few and maiming others, upon which a search was made and the remaining shells unearthed.  This is no camp rumor, but an absolute truth, for the writer saw scores of these shells dug up and carried away.

         Leaving Lee's Mills on the same day, the regiment moved up the Peninsula, and on the 5th of May they were again in battle at Williamsburg.  The regiment marched on the 9th toward New Kent Court House, arriving there on the 11th; on the 12th to Cumberland Landing, on the Pamunkey River, and on the next day to White House Landing, where they remained four days.  On the 16th day of May, 1862, the Sixth Provisional Corps was organized, to which Smith's Division was assigned, and the Vermont Brigade, to which the Sixth belonged, became the Second Brigade, Second Division, Sixth Army Corps, which designation it retained until the close of the war.  It marched on the 19th by way of Tunstall's Station to near New Bridge on the Chickahominy, ten miles from Richmond; on the 22d to near Gaines's Mill, about eight miles from Richmond; and on the 24th it moved forward a mile, and camped on the farm of Dr. Gaines.

    During the second day of the battle of Fair Oaks, (June 1), the corps marched to cross the Chickahominy at New Bridge to re-enforce the troops engaged but were met at the pontoon bridge by countermanding orders.  The brigade returned to camp and the Sixth regiment was left to guard the bridge.

         June 5 the brigade crossed the river four miles below at Grape Vine Bridge and occupied a position near Golding's house, remaining there until June 28.  On the evening of the 27th the Sixth was engaged in a severe skirmish at Golding's Farm, in which it lost one killed, six wounded and missing.  For its part in this skirmish, it, together with the Fourth Vermont, was mentioned in General Hancock's report of the affair.  On the 28th the Vermont Brigade was withdrawn from its position and marched out of camp under a furious cannonade from the rebel batteries.  On the next day, Sunday, the regiment marched to Savage's Station, where a battle was fought in the afternoon, lasting well into the night.  In this fight the regiment lost 21 killed and mortally wounded, and 54 wounded and missing.  The regiment left the field at 10 o'clock, and with the balance of the command marched to the rear and crossed the White Oak Swamp at daylight on the morning of the 30th.  On this day was fought the battle of White Oak Swamp.

         The Sixth Army Corps held the right of the line at Malvern Hill but was not engaged.  After the battle it marched to Harrison's Landing, where it remained more than a month.  On the Peninsula the regiment was constantly in the front, participating in nearly all the battles and skirmishes of the campaign.  Added to the severe losses in battle were the many cases of sickness and death from fever and malaria, caused by the swamps of the Chickahominy, so that when the regiment arrived on the James River its ranks were sadly depleted. August 16 the regiment marched with the Sixth Army Corps enroute to Fortress Monroe.  On the 22d it embarked on transports from Fortress Monroe to Alexandria, arriving Sunday, August 24, and remaining there until August 29.  The brigade was within sound of the firing at Second Bull Run but was not engaged.

    The regiment participated in the Maryland campaign, being often under fire, and was engaged in the brilliant combat of Crampton's Gap and the bloody battle of Antietam.

         September 26, the regiment went into camp at Hagerstown, Md., and enjoyed a month's fairly earned rest.  Recrossing the Potomac November 2, it bore an honorable part at Fredericksburg.  December 18, Colonel Lord, who had hitherto commanded the regiment, resigned on account of ill-health and Lieutenant-Colonel Tuttle was promoted to the colonelcy.  The regiment wintered at White Oak Church, a few miles from Fredericksburg.

         In March, 1863, Colonel Tuttle resigned by reason of serious illness, and Lieutenant-Colonel Barney was made colonel.  Colonel Barney commanded the regiment thereafter until he fell mortally wounded in the battle of the Wilderness in May, 1864.

         In the Chancellorsville campaign of 1863, the regiment did gallant service at Marye's Heights, and especially at Bank's Ford, where, in a gallant charge, it drove back the enemy and captured 250 prisoners.  It again crossed the Rappahannock June 6, and was sharply engaged with the enemy, holding its ground three hours against a greatly superior force.  It participated in the Pennsylvania campaign, and at Gettysburg, with the brigade, held the extreme left of the line.  When the battle of Gettysburg opened on July 1, the regiment, with the Sixth Army Corps, was at Manchester, Md., thirty-five miles from the battlefield.  At dusk orders came to move, but it was about 10 o'clock at night before the column started for Gettysburg.  It was on this occasion that General Sedgwick issued his famous order, "Put the Vermonters ahead and keep the column well closed up," and before the sun went down on the afternoon of the 2d, the column deployed into line of battle at Gettysburg.

         July 10 it suffered severely in the battle of Funkstown, Md., one of the most brilliant engagements of the war.  Here the brigade relieved Buford's cavalry which it found skirmishing with the enemy.  The Sixth and Fifth first went on to the skirmish line, but, the enemy attacking in force, the entire brigade was deployed as skirmishers, covering a front of more than two miles.  During the day it was attacked three times by heavy lines of battle, but each time repulsed the enemy.  Notwithstanding there were probably 50,000 Union troops within thirty minutes' march of the line, the Vermont skirmishline held its position against solid lines of battle all day long without help, a feat unparalleled in modern history.  Soon after the Sixth, with the rest of the Brigade, was sent to New York City on account of the draft riots; thence to Kingston, N.Y., returning to Virginia September 16.  It served the remainder of the year with "Meade and Lee's express line, between Alexandria and Culpepper," participated in the engagement at Rappahannock Station November 7; was in the Mine Run campaign supporting the Third Corps at Locust Grove and went into winter quarters at Brandy Station.

         During the Wilderness campaign of 1864, the Sixth fought desperately and suffered enormously.  Of 441 men going into battle, there were 69 killed and 127 wounded, a total of 196--almost one-half.  On the 5th of May Col. Barney was mortally wounded, and the command devolved on Lieut.-Col. Oscar A. Hale, who commanded the regiment until he was severely wounded in August.  On the 10th, at Spottsylvania, it charged with Upton's forlorn hope.  Twelve regiments were selected from the Sixth Army Corps to pierce the enemy's line.  Of these twelve, three were taken from the Vermont Brigade, the Second, Fifth, and Sixth.  The Third and Fourth were on the skirmish line, and when the time came, joined in the charge.  Col. Emery Upton, 121st New York, had the command.  The twelve regiments formed in three lines and charged bayonet.  They took the enemy's works, held these for some hours, but finally through some misapprehension were not supported, and ordered to retire.

    It was one of the most famous charges of the war.  It made Colonel Upton a Brigadier-General, and reflected the highest honor upon every soldier engaged.


         On the 12th the regiment fought at the Bloody Angle.  All day long nothing separated the men from the rebels but a heavy breastwork, perhaps six feet thick.  The musketry was so  severe that in front of the Brigade oak trees of more than a foot in diameter were cut down by rifle balls.  On the 15th the regiment, which had been reduced to about 250 men, was reenforced by 150 men who had been on detached service for a year at Brattleboro.  At Cold Harbor it was constantly engaged for twelve days, and on the 7th of June Maj. Richard B. Crandall was mortally wounded.  The regiment crossed the James river on the 16th of June with the Brigade.  It was constantly fighting and entrenching until the 9th of July, when it moved rapidly with the Sixth Corps to Washington to drive Early away.  Thence it went with Sheridan to the Shenandoah Valley, and at Opequan, Winchester, Fisher's Hill, and Cedar Creek, did its full share of the glorious work in the valley.

         August 21 at Charlestown, West Virginia, in a sharp engagement it suffered more severely than any other regiment of the Brigade.  Lieutenant-Colonel Hale, Capt. B. D. Fabyan, and Capt. F. G. Butterfield were severely, and Major Dwinell mortally wounded, and the regiment lost 10 killed and mortally wounded, 29 wounded, and one missing.  For the remainder of the three years' term the regiment was commanded by Capt. M. Warner Davis.  October 16 it was ordered to Vermont to be mustered out, leaving at the front those who had re-enlisted, forming a battalion of about 320 men.  Capt. F. G. Butterfield, Co. I, was promoted to lieutenant-colonel, and Adj. Sumner H. Lincoln was made major.

         At Cedar Creek, October 19, Capt. E. R. Kinney commanded the regiment until wounded, when the command devolved upon Capt. William J Sperry.  Lieutenant-Colonel Butterfield, being still disabled by his wounds, resigned his commission early in December, and Major Lincoln was promoted to lieutenant-colonel and colonel, and held the command through the rest of the war.  Captain Sperry was made lieutenant-colonel, and Captain Kinney major.  December 13 the Sixth rejoined the army at Petersburg and participated in that series of brilliant victories which culminated in the surrender at Appomattox.  The battalion was mustered out July 8, 1865, at Burlington, Vt.  It was one of 45 out of 2,000 regiments which lost 200 men or over in battle, and one of the famous 300 fighting regiments of the Civil War.

         The Light Brigade at Balaklava lost 36.7 per cent; the Sixth in the Wilderness lost nearly 45 per cent and held the field.  The reputation for gallantry won at Lee's Mills, its first battle, was retained through all its long period of service.  Thereafter its members fought often, shoulder to shoulder, with comrades in the brigade, and with them gained the proud distinction of being among the first of all the troops of the Union Army in those qualities which make up the ideal soldier.  They were constant and true, they kept untarnished the honor of their native State, and when they folded their banners and came back to Vermont, quietly and without an effort became again respectable citizens, and honest toilers in the arts of peace.

         The officers of the regiment who were killed or mortally wounded were Col. E. L. Barney, Majors R. B. Crandall and C. W. Dwinell; Captains R. A. Bird, E. F. Reynolds, Luther Ainsworth, and G. C. Randall; First Lieutenants A. A. Crane, A. M. Nevins, G. C. Babcock, and J. G. Macomber; Second Lieutenant C. F. Bailey.  Those who died of disease were Capt. D. B. Davenport, Lieut. G. H. Phelps, and Asst.-Surgeon C. A. Chapin.



        Warwick Creek, Va., April 6, 1862,

        Lee's Mills, Va., April 16, 1862,

        Williamsburg, Va., May 5, 1862,

        Golding's Farm, Va., June 27, 1862,

        Golding's Farm, Va., June 28, 1862,

        Savage's Station, Va., June 29, 1862,

        White Oak Swamp, Va., June 30, 1862,

        Crampton's Gap, Md., Sept. 14, 1862,

        Antietam, Md., Sept. 17, 1862,

        Fredericksburg, Va., Dec. 13, 1862,

        Marye's Heights, Va., May 3, 1863,

        Salem Heights, Va., May 3, 1863,

        Banks Ford, Va., May 4, 1863,

        Fredericksburg, Va., June 5, 1863,

        Gettysburg, Pa., July 3, 1863,

        Funkstown, Md., July 10, 1863,

        Gainesville, Va., Oct. 19, 1863,

        Rappahannock Station, Va., Nov. 7, 1863,

        Wilderness, Va., May 5 to 10, 1864,

        Spottsylvania, Va., May 10 to 18, 1864,

        Cold Harbor, Va., June 1 to 12, 1864,

        Petersburg, Va., June 18, 1864,

        Welden R. R., Va., June 23, 1864,

        Reams's Station, Va., June 29, 1864,

        Fort Stevens, Md., July 12, 1864,

        Charlestown, W. Va., Aug. 21, 1864,

        Opequan, Va., Sept. 13, 1864,

        Winchester, Va., Sept. 19, 1864,

        Fisher's Hill, Va., Sept. 21 and 22, 1864,

        Cedar Creek, Va., Oct. 19, 1864,

        Petersburg, Va., March 25 and 27, 1865,

        Petersburg, Va., April 2, 1865,

        Sailor's Creek, Va., April 6, 1865

    Inventory Number: CDV 358 / Sold