Mid 1850's-1860s miniature finger lamp that burned camphene or whale oil. The top of the lamp unscrews to reveal the original wadding and wadding holder cage which would have protected the lamp from a possible explosion if it was dropped. The brass lamp has a 3 ¾” wide soldered tin base and a decorated brass finger loop. The wick adjuster knob has a Waterbury, Connecticut makers mark. This would make a nice addition to a Civil War officer’s camp display.
Inventory Number: MIS 146 / SOLD