Specializing in Authentic Civil War Artifacts
  • 107th PA Muster Roll

    There is only 1 item left in stock.

    107th PA Muster Roll - Inventory Number: DOC 254

    Captain A Wilson Norris:

    Enlisted on 3/7/1862 as a 1st Lieutenant.

    On 3/7/1862 he was commissioned into "D" Co. PA 107th Infantry

    He was Mustered Out on 3/15/1865

    On 4/27/1865 he was commissioned into "D" Co. PA 107th Infantry

    He was Mustered Out on 7/13/1865

    He was listed as:

    * POW 7/1/1863 Gettysburg, PA (Confined at Macon, GA & Columbia, SC)

    * Returned 3/1/1865 (place not stated) (Estimated date)


    * Capt 3/19/1864

    Other Information:

    born in 1842 in Lewistown, PA

    Member of GAR Post # 19 (Col Frederick Taylor) in Philadelphia, PA

    Held GAR Offices:

    * Dept of PA Commander for 1874

    * National Inspector-General for 1874

    Died 5/21/1888 in Philadelphia, PA



         One Hundred and Seventh Infantry.-Cols. Thomas A. Zeigle, Thomas F. McCoy, Lieut.-Cols., Robert W. McAllen, James MacThomson, Henry J.  Sheafer, Edwin E. Zeigler, Majs., Jacob Forney, James MacThomson, Henry J. Sheafer, Edwin E. Zeigler. The 107th was recruited in the counties of Franklin, York Dauphin, Cumberland, Lebanon' Lancaster, Schuylkill, Luzerne, Mifflin, Juniata, Bedford and Fulton, and was mustered into the U. S. service at Harrisburg, March 5, 1862, for a three years, term.  Four days later it proceeded to Washington, then to Cloud's mills, where it was assigned on April 16, to Duryea's brigade, Ord's division, McDowell's corps.  In May it was posted on the Orange & Alexandria railroad to guard the portion between Manassas and Catlett's station.  On the 28th it was sent to Front Royal, but returned to Catlett's station and remained there until Aug. 5, when it joined Gen Pope's army at Culpeper.  It was held in reserve at Cedar Mountain but was active at Bull Run, sustaining heavy loss.  It was then attached to the 1st corps, under Gen. Hooker, supported the reserves at South Mountain, and was hotly engaged at Antietam, losing 64 men killed or wounded out of 190 engaged.

    On Oct. 25, camp was established at Brook's station, which the troops left to participate in the battle of Fredericksburg and the "Mud March," after which they returned to their winter quarters.  On April 28, 1863, they broke camp for the Chancellorsville movement, returning again to camp on May 6. At Gettysburg the loss in killed and wounded was heavy and 100 of the 107th were captured by the enemy, many dying in prison. The regiment moved south with the army, joined in the Mine Run campaign, and went into winter quarters at Mitchell's station, where it was constantly employed on picket and guard duty. The 2nd division, to which it belonged, was now made a part of the 5th corps under Gen. Warren.  In Feb., 1864, almost all the members of the regiment reenlisted but failed to receive their veteran furlough until April.  They rejoined the army on May l5, and were almost daily engaged in the actions of the Army of the Potomac until it reached Petersburg.  For gallant defense of its position on May 13, the regiment was specially thanked by Gen. Crawford.  In August it met the enemy at the Weldon railroad and 145 men and 6 officers were captured. Private Solomon Hottenstein, while under guard of a N. C. regiment, led 300 other prisoners in an attack upon their guard by which they succeeded in escaping and bringing the guard into the Union lines as prisoners, for which gallant act he received a thirty days, furlough and a medal of honor.  The regiment joined in the movements to Poplar Spring Church, Hatcher's run, the raid on the Weldon railroad in December and action at Dabney's mill in Feb., 1865, when it was attached to the 3rd brigade.  On March 31, it met the enemy on the Boydton plank road and on April 1, took part in the engagement at Five Forks.  After the fall of Petersburg it was posted for a time on the South Side railroad near Nottoway Court House and then returned to Washington, where it participated in the grand review and was mustered out on July 13, 1865.

    Mounted on archival board measures 23 inches x 33 inches.

    *To purchase this item directly with a credit card, please click on this link.

    Inventory Number: DOC 254