Adhesive Plaster for Bandaging Tin - Inventory Number: MED 104 - SOLD
Charles Shivers (1814-1897)
"Improved Machine-Spread Adhesive Plaster. Manufactured by Charles Shivers, Druggist and Apothecary, N. E. Corner of Seventh and Spruce Streets, Philadelphia. Tin tube with jappaned finish retains nearly all of its original paper label and measures approximately 7 1/2 inches x 1 1/2" in diameter.
Shivers was an apothecary well known during his time for producing high quality adhesive plasters. He invented a machine to aid in the manufacture of his plasters and was reported to produce up to 50,000 yards a week in his Philadelphia laboratory.
Inventory Number: MED 104 - SOLD