Cane Made from the Confederate White House - Inventory Number: CON 133
“929 - This whitewood stick was procured from the dooryard of the building which was the home of Jeff Davis before the Civil War. It was used as the White House of the Confederacy during the Civil War & is now the Museum for the 13 Confederate States. This was a piece of the building which was torn out while repairing and was procured by S.E.C. Watkins Apr. 28, 1930.”
Wooden cane measuring 33 ½” long. Body retains its original varnish and a series of inventory numbers from museum collections including an old ink tag stating the identification information above.