Silver plated tin 14th Corps badge, in the form of an acorn measuring 1 5/16” in length, inlaid with black enamel on the face with a soldered pin back. The 14th Corps formed part of the Army of the Cumberland in the western theater of the war. Due to the poor supply lines of the Army of the Cumberland in Chattanooga, Tennessee after the battle of Chickamauga in 1863, the soldiers of the 14th Corps were forced to forage for food from local crops and nuts. Thus, the acorn was designated as the official badge of the Corps on April 26, 1864.
Comes housed in a 6 x 8 inch display case with red velvet backing and descriptive card.
Inventory Number: INS 276 / SOLD