Collection of relics from the Rose Farm at Gettysburg that were collected by Ed and Ron Miller in the early 1950s. They include an artillery shell fragment, a Burnside casing and bullet, a .58 Minie ball, and a brass thimble. There is a black glass button identified as a clergy button, and a wonderful carved ivory cross that was once part of the Lee’s headquarters Museum. The relics are housed in a riker case with a copy of a painting Father William Corby giving general absolution to the Irish brigade before being engaged at the Rose Farm on July 2, 1863.
Comes housed in a 6 x 8 inch display case with red velvet backing and descriptive card.
Inventory Number: GET 353 / SOLD