Hyde And Goodrich Sterling Silver Spoons - Two sterling spoons made by New Orleans Hyde & Goodrich. This firm can be traced back to James N. Hyde who came to New Orleans in 1814 as a silversmith and jeweler. By 1816 he occupied the same location at 58 Charles Street as Charles W. Goodrich, but the firms were separate. Hyde and Goodrich was first listed in the 1832 New Orleans City Directory and by July 1, 1861 the partnership was dissolved and the fall of New Orleans in 1862 ended the firm. They sold watches, jewelry. silver guns, and pistols, plus state Militia buttons for the Civil War. Small spoon measures approximately 5 3/4 inches in length , larger 8 3/8 inches. Maker mark and sterling mark present on both spoons. Large spoon has "Eliza" inscribed at the top of the handle.
Inventory Number: CON 030