Minor surgical kit manufactured by J. Reynders & Co., 309 Fourth Avenue, New York. Ferdinand G. Otto and John Reynders partnered to manufacture surgical instruments in 1860 and were a supplier of surgical sets during the Civil War. After their partnership dissolved 1875, Reynders operated under his 309 Fourth Ave. address until 1877. The set includes five scalpels, a tenaculum, a trocar for wound drainage, and a pair of medical scissors, housed in a green velvet-lined wooden case measuring 7 ¼” by 3” with a spurious “25th SC” engraving on the lid that could be removed if desired. A nice complete set in good condition.
Inventory Number: MED 201 / SOLD