Stereoview 1st Mass Cavalry Monument, Sedwick, Ave - inventory Number: CDV 377 / SOLD
Photographed by Tipton, of Gettysburg, PA.
The monument to the 1st Massachusetts Cavalry Regiment is south of Gettysburg on Sedgwick Avenue. It was erected in 1885 by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
The 1st Massachusetts Cavalry was commanded at the Battle of Gettysburg by Lieutenant Colonel Greely S. Curtis. It brought 292 men to the field, and suffered no losses. The regiment was temporarily attached to the 6th Corps Headquarters.
Inventory Number: CDV 377 / SOLD