Captain William H. Weaver - Inventory Number: PRVC 107 / Sold
Company D, Twelfth Pennsylvania Reserve Volunteer Corps. Nice ink inscription on reverse.
William H. Weaver:
Residence Dauphin County PA;
Enlisted on 6/22/1861 as a 1st Lieutenant.
On 6/22/1861 he was commissioned into "D" Co. PA 41st Infantry
He was Mustered Out on 6/11/1864 at Harrisburg, PA
* Capt 2/10/1863
PENNSYLVANIA 41ST INFANTRY (12th Reserve)
Forty-first Infantry.- Cols., John H. Taggart, Martin D. Hardin Lieut.-Cols., Samuel N. Bailey, Martin D. Hardin, Peter Baldy, Richard Gustin; Majs., Peter Baldy, Andrew J. Bolar, Charles W. Diven. This regiment, the 12th reserve, was organized at Harrisburg, mustered into the U. S. service at Camp Curtin, for three years on Aug. 1O, 1861, and performed its first active duty guarding the state arsenal, which was endangered by the disaffected three months, troops, who had recently been discharged. In August, it reported at the camp of the reserves, Tennallytown, Md., and was attached to the 3rd brigade. It encamped at Langley; shared in the success at Dranesville in December, was detached for guard duty at Catlett's station in April 1862, and then joined in the battles on the Peninsula. At Mechanicsviile, Gaines, mill and Glendale it won a reputation for steadiness and bravery. The regiment remained in the 3rd brigade in the campaigns which followed engaging at the second Bull Run, South mountain, Antietam and Fredericksburg and returned with the reserves to Washington for the winter of 1862-63. It fought at Gettysburg, Bristoe and Rappahannock Stations and Mine Run, and spent the winter near Catlett's station. It participated in the battles of the Wilderness campaign in May, 1864, the battle of Bethesda Church being its final engagement, after which the veterans and recruits were transferred to the 190th Pa. Infantry and the regiment returned to Harrisburg, where it was mustered out on June 11, 1864.
Inventory Number: PRVC 107 / Sold