Personal Effects of Civil War Surgeon Dr. Seth L. Sprague - Inventory Number: MED 124
Dr. Seth L. Sprague served at Fortress Monroe - Virginia
Contains the following:
* Original wooden box with a pencil inscription in the lid interior
* Three letters from Dr. Sprague's wife with interesting content mailed from Boston to Virginia dated May 1st 1862, May 18th 1862,
and August 11th 1862.
* Patriotic snuff box with engraved American Eagles
* Relic bullet and button from the battlefield
* Ivory razor - maker marked, "84 W. L. Presbrey Warranted"
* Zinc folding mirror
* Leather change purse
* Silver eyeglasses with 1860 dated case
* Post war silver pocket watch
* Gar Medal top portion
* Pocket knife
* Gold locket with photo of his Sprague's wife
* Patriotic envelope depicting Lincoln and McClellan
* Patriotic envelope with star
* Hand-colored Card entitles: "The Surgeon"
* Hand-colored Section of Envelope with "Columbia"
Inventory Number: MED 124