Twelve-page quartermaster document filled out by Captain Robert A. Stanton, Assistant Adjutant and Quartermaster of the 3rd Division of the 3rd Corps Army of the Potomac, regarding quartermaster store returns for June 1863. The document covers everything from fuel to forage, stationery, horse and harness materials, and a variety of tools. A nice original Civil War document that gives you an appreciation of the logistics required to maintain an army in the field.
Robert A. Stanton:
Residence was not listed; 22 years old.
Enlisted on 6/27/1861 at New York City, NY as a Private.
On 7/7/1861 he mustered into "C" Co. NY 74th Infantry
He was discharged on 7/8/1864
* Qtr Master Serg 8/1/1861 (Estimated day)
* 2nd Lieut 12/1/1862 (As of Co. E)
* 1st Sergt 12/19/1862 (As of Co. K)
* Capt 3/9/1863 (As of Co. C)
Intra Regimental Company Transfers:
* 8/1/1861 from company C to Field & Staff
* 1/12/1863 from Field & Staff to company E
* 3/3/1863 from company E to company K
* 4/15/1863 from company K to company C
Comes housed in a 12 x 16 inch display case with black velvet backing and descriptive card.
Inventory Number: GET 347 / SOLD